Membership Terms and Conditions (Camping Locations)
These Terms and Conditions are in place to ensure that Nearly Wild Camping operates legally, safely and smoothly for all parties involved, i.e. campers, locations and organisers. The terms and conditions are deliberately written in ‘plain English’ to ensure that they are easily understood. Information in the directory must be provided by the proprietor or responsible body. Nearly Wild Camping cannot take any responsibility for the content of any listings.
- Nearly Wild Camping provides an online website platform to connect people who want to camp with locations wanting to rent camping spaces. By using the Nearly Wild Camping website, you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Nearly Wild Camping co-operative is a membership organisation. All members must be over 16 years old; campers may be of any age, creed, sexuality or ethnic background.
- All agreements and transactions remain between the location owner or manager and the camper. You understand and agree that Nearly Wild Camping does not act as an insurer or contracting agent for either the location or the camper.
- While Nearly Wild Camping will try to ensure all information provided on the website is correct, it cannot be held liable for:
- Locations providing inaccurate information of any sort.
- Campers providing inaccurate information of any sort.
- You agree not to use contact details accessed through Nearly Wild Camping to arrange camping visits outside the Nearly Wild Camping system or for any other purposes.
- Nearly Wild Camping may from time to time pass on information on what is done as part of Nearly Wild Camping to other Nearly Wild Camping members in order to support networking amongst members and act as a conduit for information exchange. Nearly Wild Camping cannot be held liable for the accuracy or quality of this information, and takes no responsibility for any advice or recommendations made.
- From time to time, the Nearly Wild Camping co-operative may change or further develop these terms and conditions. These will come into immediate effect once placed on the website. Whilst we will publicise these changes on the website, you are responsible for keeping up to date with the current Nearly Wild Camping terms and conditions.
- Nearly Wild Camping may suspend or modify the website without warning. Nearly Wild Camping will not be liable for any costs incurred.
- Information given to Nearly Wild Camping will be used only for the purposes of Nearly Wild Camping. Details will not be passed on to any other parties.
- You agree to keep your Nearly Wild Camping password confidential and that all personal information provided is correct.
- The person(s) who becomes a member of Nearly Wild Camping and registers the site as a Nearly Wild Camping location is either the owner or manager of that location.
- You agree to follow the Nearly Wild Camping Locations Code of Conduct.
- The location owner or manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant planning legislation pertaining to Nearly Wild camping activities and any other related activities your provide to Nearly Wild campers at your location.
- The location owner or manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation pertaining to Nearly Wild camping activities and any other related activities your provide to Nearly Wild campers at your location. The location owner or manager is responsible for preparing a risk assessment pertaining to the Nearly Wild Camping location.
- The location owner or manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with any other relevant legislation pertaining to Nearly Wild camping activities and any other related activities you provide to Nearly Wild campers at your location.
- The location owner or manager is responsible for determining any tax reporting requirements which arise as a result of Nearly Wild Camping activities.
- You agree that you hold public liability insurance cover in respect of the provision of Nearly Wild Camping and associated activities at your location.
- You agree to provide accurate information to Nearly Wild Camping about your location, including providing temporary and permanent updates as required. (E.g. A temporary update might be short-term closure of the site due to flooding, a permanent update might be upgrading of sanitation facilities).
- You agree to offer Nearly Wild Campers the most secluded/wilder locations to pitch, although there may be camping on other parts of your land.
- You agree to respond to all requests from campers in a timely manner.
- You agree that the price charged to campers will be no more than the price listed on the website.
Nearly Wild Location providers’ code
There are certain things that make a Nearly Wild location, we ask that you stick to these few criteria to keep the wild in there.
- Provide Nearly Wild Campers with a secluded/wilder pitch.
- No outside flood lights at night – darkness is part of the wild.
- Keep a reasonable distance between pitches, to maintain peace and privacy
- It is the responsibility of all sites to cover all Health and Safety, legal and other matters pertaining to the running of their site (this is included in the code because we are aware that some sites will be running an enterprise big enough to require fire assembly points etc, as far as we are aware most small sites will need minimal precautions in place)
- Please ensure that you have public liability insurance, check with your insurers about their rules around using the 28 day rule.
- We recommend that you do a basic risk assessment for your location.
- Please only have campers on your land for the number of nights permitted by planning law.
Before visitors arrive
- Respond promptly to camping requests, within 48 hours if possible, even if it is to say no
- Let campers know as far in advance as possible if the location becomes unsuitable, eg. through flooding. Please also update this on your profile.
- Be very clear in your profile about what you are going to provide, for example will toilet paper and soap be provided, this will help avoid misunderstandings
During the visit
- Reiterate your location rules and procedures when campers arrive so that everyone is clear of the situation
- Let us know if people don’t show up, if this happens repeatedly we will remove them from Nearly Wild Camping.
After the visit
We always like to get feedback, let us know how it went.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with a Nearly Wild Camping member’s behaviour at your Nearly Wild location, in the first instance you should inform the camping member by email and make every effort to seek a mutually acceptable resolution. If after this you remain dissatisfied, you should inform Nearly Wild Camping at [email protected], providing details of the complaint. Nearly Wild Camping will communicate with both the camping member and camping location member in order to gather full information. Nearly Wild Camping will work with both parties to seek an acceptable resolution. If this fails, Nearly Wild Camping will make a decision about whether to rescind the membership of either or both parties.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with Nearly Wild Camping, in the first instance you should inform Nearly Wild Camping at [email protected], providing full details. Your complaint will be reviewed with the administrator. You should make every effort to seek a mutually acceptable resolution at this stage. If after this you remain dissatisfied, the complaint will be reviewed by the directors of Nearly Wild Camping.