Going camping is a great way to get back to nature and disconnect from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. And while one of the best parts of camping is being outdoors and enjoying all that nature has to offer, another great part is the food! Camping food can be simple but delicious, and there are lots of recipes that are easy to make with just a few ingredients. Here are 5 recipes that are sure to please any camper’s taste buds:
1. Sausage and Bean Stew: This hearty stew is perfect for a cold night by the campfire. Simply brown some sausage in a pot, add a can of beans and some veggies (whatever you have on hand), and enough water to cover. Let it all simmer until the sausage is cooked through and the veggies are tender, then enjoy!
2. Foil-packet potatoes: potatoes, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Wrap everything up in foil and put it directly on the coals of your fire for about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Then open it up, top with some shredded cheese (if you like), and enjoy!
3. Campfire Pancakes: flour, eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, melted butter. Mix everything together in a bowl and pour it into a greased skillet set over the coals of your fire. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown, then serve with your favourite toppings. Yum!
4. Dutch Oven Pizza: pizza dough, pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni (or any other toppings you like). Place the pizza dough in the bottom of a Dutch oven that’s been preheated with coals from your fire. Add the sauce and toppings, then top with the cheese. Place more coals on top of the Dutch oven and let it cook for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Slice into pieces and enjoy!
5. S’mores: Digestive biscuits, chocolate bars, marshmallows. This classic camping treat needs no explanation! Just roast some marshmallows over the fire (be careful not to burn them!), place them between two biscuits with a piece of chocolate, and enjoy!
Conclusion – There are so many delicious things that you can make while camping! These 5 recipes are easy to make with just a few ingredients and are sure to please any camper’s taste buds. So next time you’re planning a camping trip, be sure to try one (or all!) of these tasty recipes. Bon appetit!